Like everybody else I've been making a schedule for the week. Of course things will happen to change the schedule along the way, but some things I definitely have on the must-do list...
- I'm flying in Friday arriving late afternoon, taking the BART to town and finding my AirBnB flat.
- Saturday I'm going on the #BikeB4OOW bicycle ride.
- And being beer enthusiast I hope also to hang out at Mikkeller beer bar in the evening (particularly since Mikkeller is Danish ;-)
- Sunday is full of interesting User Group sessions. I have several I'd like to attend. To mention a couple:
Powerful SQL Constructs That You Might Not Be Aware Of
More Than Another 12 on Oracle Database 12c
- And Larry's keynote usually is entertaining too ;-)
- Monday I think I'll start with some sessions at OakTable World just next to OpenWorld.
- Afternoon there are various sessions I'm considering - one I must attend:
Upgrade and Migrate to Oracle Database 12c: Live and Uncensored!
- And of course the YesSQL Celebration and Oracle Database Developer Choice Awards.
I might not have won an award, but this is too good to miss :-)
- In the evening the Danish OpenWorld attendees meet.
- Tuesday I might start at OakTable World again, before going to:
- Why Use PL/SQL? by Bryn Llewellyn.
- Larry has another keynote.
- ODTUG Database Community Meetup ought to be fun too :-)
- Wednesday I'm on stage myself as part of the panel discussion:
Optimizing PL/SQL for Performance and Maintainability
First time I'm on a panel - really looking forward to it :-)
- And later there's another panel I want to attend (just in the audience):
Optimizing SQL for Performance and Maintainability
- Hopefully I've got time for popping in at the Bloggers Meetup at Jillians.
- In the evening go to the Appreciation Event on Treasure Island, eating, drinking and listening to Elton John.
- Thursday a couple sessions at least I want to attend:
Oracle Application Express for the CIO
- Friday so far I have nothing scheduled. Most likely I'll relax by wandering around town mile for mile and just soak in the atmosphere, watch people and find a beer bar or two.
- Saturday afternoon I fly home, probably completely bonked out after a week of three times as many impressions as is decent to try and cram into any average brain ;-)
I haven't mentioned everything in my schedule, just the main ones that I hope will not be changed. The rest is up for last minute changes ;-)