- For those who don't know yet, we're trying to see if it is possible to create a conference in Europe like the Kscope conference by ODTUG. See my early thoughts here:
- We're gathering feedback from as many European developers as we can via a survey designed to find out if there is a basis for such an Escope conference:
Please share that link with all your colleagues and network of Oracle developers throughout Europe - the more responses we can get, the more valid conclusions we can make.
- As of today (21. june 2015) we have 80 responses - definitely mostly positive, thank you for that :-) And getting valuable information on what the European Oracle developers are looking for. We have started getting in touch with a little of the Hyperion/Essbase/EPM/BI community in Europe as well and hope to get responses from them as well as the DbDev and APEX developers that so far seem to have been the majority of responses. Opinions af all developers are valuable to us.
- We have some thoughts on what might be the challenges we have to overcome to make this dream come true. See some discussion points I've made here:
I invite you all to pitch in with your own opinions and ideas as comments to that blog post.
- If you are attending Kscope15 right now, we can discuss the idea of Escope face to face.
I will be in the exhibition hall nearby the ODTUG social media booth (booth 613) during happy hours monday as well as tuesday:
- Monday 22. june 17:00 to 17:30 (or 5 PM to 5:30 PM if you prefer ;-)
- Tuesday 23. june 18:00 to 18:30 (or 6 PM to 6:30 PM)
- You can sign up for a newsletter to be kept up to date on the progress of Escope here:
That's about it so far - we don't know yet if this will remain a dream or if it will take off and be a new shining star. You can help just by circulating the news and sharing the survey link as much as you can. Here it is again:
You'll be hearing more of Escope from me, don't worry :-)